Skip to main content

Shadows at Christmas



Felicitations! It’s Christmas!
Photos by FeyVored

Every year, I look forward to spending this time with loved ones, sharing happy moments, and laughing at  “Uncle Jokes" on Christmas. This season is filled with acts of service for the helpless, giving to the homeless, sharing what we have with the less-privileged, charitable deeds everywhere- isn’t that what Christmas is all about?

What does Christmas mean to you?

Christ is the reason to celebrate Christmas. His birth marks a pivotal point in history: the coming of a saviour who will take away all our sins and give us His life, reconciling us to God. Every Christmas, you and I should be reminded of this. Away in a manger, on a silent night, in a small town of Bethlehem, He was born as no ordinary child but He Himself being the Son of God and in fact, God-incarnate, God in flesh.

If Christmas to you is about thrills and wonder, what is more enthralling than the glory of Christ?

If Christmas to you is about exchanging meaningful gifts, what gift is more life-changing than the gift of Christ Himself?

If Christmas is about spending time with the people you love, consider that God has reconciled us to Himself, that we may be with Him every minute of eternity

If your desire is to give of yourself at Christmas, sacrificing time and possessions to make others happy, consider the price that was paid for your redemption, coming at the cost of Christ’s life

Everything we look forward to at Christmas is only but a shadow of the glorious hope we have in Christ. Just as we open our eyes with great excitement on Christmas morning, delighted to see what is waiting under the Christmas tree; I pray even much more, our hearts will be filled with great gratitude and awe of the gift of Christ.

No one says it like John Piper does:

"Jesus enabled us to receive reconciliation and open the gift. And Jesus Himself shines forth from the wrapping – the indescribable gift—as God in the flesh, and stirs up all our exultation in God.

Look to Jesus this Christmas. Receive the reconciliation that He bought, don’t put in on the shelf unopened. And don’t open it and then make it a means to all your other pleasures.

Open it and enjoy this gift. Make Him your pleasure. Make Him your treasure."
Have a Merry Christmas!
Love,
FeyVored

Comments

  1. Indeed FeyVored! Christ is the reason for the season! The ultimate gift of redemption. Quick reminder for all even as we dissect the turkey. Compliment of the season.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue- Memoirs of A Skilled Hunter

Dawn was drawing close. The gentle breeze came as a consolation, symphatising with the wild for bearing with the downpour that befell the night. This time, the predator walked along an unusual path, the rays of sun bouncing off the shy green of wet leaves providing a source of illumination to its glowing eyes. It had spotted prey and now it was calculating the next move... I hadn't seen her in ages. I watched intently as she made her way towards me, her hips swinging graciously from side-to-side, her movement emphasized by the frills on her flowery gown, accentuating her hourglass figure. It's been 10 years since I last saw her and it seemed every part of her body, visible to my eyes, had been renovated in heaven time and time again. She had become much more attractive, she was beautiful. The predator studied its prey. Well-hidden by the shadows cast by the tall fruitless trees, it was being careful. Avoiding every broken branch, it took slow gentle steps towards its prey,

Yours Sincerely, Me

For reasons unknown to me, I was deeply inspired to write this note on my way to school this morning. I hope this note is relevant to someone. Stay blessed . I dread to start this letter with “Dear” because I fear that she might read it and become suspicious and spiteful of what is now non-existent. And no, I wouldn’t want that, for I am a changed person and whatever I do now, I do it in love. I would like to ask you a few questions though, well; I would like to know if when you see her your eyes light up like a kid’s in a candy store? Do you find yourself smiling just at the mention of her name? And do you wish you could hold her in your arms and make those precious moments last forever? Is she your half’s other, close to you like no other? I’m not writing to make you feel insecure about your new relationship. I don’t want you to feel that you are being watched closely, I haven’t gone crazy and I am fine; there’s been no mental-breakdown. I just want to remind you that you once s

Uni: Me, Mini-me.

Today is Thursday. I'm dreading the night mainly because of the aftermath- a very messy kitchen, quite smelly corridors and grumpy cleaners. My first semester of Uni, I must say, wasn't at all what I had anticipated. I remember coaching myself mentally, preparing for the hard times to come, having an escape plan in case of a metaphoric fire and a Plan B if that didn’t work. Anyway, as it happened, my plan B wasn't well premeditated, lacking enough detail to guide me through smoky situations. All it had inscribed on it was “RUN”. Thursday nights are Mercy Nights- when students get free entry into an over-hyped nightclub. As that isn’t my cup of tea, I tend to stay indoors, watching a movie or trying to catch up with work- the latter being more frequent. The reason I dread these nights is because my flatmates have a pre-party, a chaotic one, where over 10 people squeeze into our kitchen, blast the music through the roof and scream at the top of their lungs in chants for Ke