Skip to main content

At the sacred Oaks of Mamre

~o~
At the sacred oak of Mamre,
The sunset’s red and gold
The glowing ball having burned brightly
Takes its break ‘til tomorrow

Underneath these consecrated trees I wait
For the answers to come to me
They had promised they would be here
And in the harsh cold, my wishes, still pending

The footsteps passing by are countless,
And as the orange skies turn dark,
Stranger’s eyes give a pitiful glare,
They know how long I have been sat here

As three men walk towards me
I raise red hollow eyes to receive them
Their gaze so engaging,
Like spears, piercing my heavy heart


Pass me not O’ gentle Saviour
Hear the weeping of my silent heart
For now words have failed me
But tears hardly ever, each drop, deafeningly speaking ten

One takes my calloused hands, resting it in his
“Your time is not now”
His glowing eyes do speak
"But it comes soon, you are a seed on fertile ground"

Once, on my long road to Damascus,
I had received a revelation,
My life had been given purpose
My days to be lived with direction

But my blinded eyes were never opened
And I was led on the wrong path
In a life of blissful ignorance I continued
This route was very well with me, a wide street so boisterous
Oblivious of its dead end

Robbed and beaten
 I crawled to the sacred garden, Gethsemane
 On knees so sore and bruised
I surrendered
The control-versy battle done
And the true Warrior has won

Now captive to His will,
I have willingly faced my crucifixion
 Receiving life anew
Blinded eyes now open, amazing grace sought after me
And found me

Victory marches round Jericho
A slingshot towards Goliath
Backfire in my own strength
Enemy walls stand tall without my Ally

At the sacred oaks of Mamre,
I collect my jars to be filled with oil
The smell of rain to end the famine
Uncertainty is turned to faith

Three Men walk to me,
Lifting up weary eyes to observe them
One takes my calloused hand and says,
“This is not time to pitch up a tent, follow us to Sodom, there are lost souls to save”


 
~A tale of self-righteousness~









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue- Memoirs of A Skilled Hunter

Dawn was drawing close. The gentle breeze came as a consolation, symphatising with the wild for bearing with the downpour that befell the night. This time, the predator walked along an unusual path, the rays of sun bouncing off the shy green of wet leaves providing a source of illumination to its glowing eyes. It had spotted prey and now it was calculating the next move... I hadn't seen her in ages. I watched intently as she made her way towards me, her hips swinging graciously from side-to-side, her movement emphasized by the frills on her flowery gown, accentuating her hourglass figure. It's been 10 years since I last saw her and it seemed every part of her body, visible to my eyes, had been renovated in heaven time and time again. She had become much more attractive, she was beautiful. The predator studied its prey. Well-hidden by the shadows cast by the tall fruitless trees, it was being careful. Avoiding every broken branch, it took slow gentle steps towards its prey,

Yours Sincerely, Me

For reasons unknown to me, I was deeply inspired to write this note on my way to school this morning. I hope this note is relevant to someone. Stay blessed . I dread to start this letter with “Dear” because I fear that she might read it and become suspicious and spiteful of what is now non-existent. And no, I wouldn’t want that, for I am a changed person and whatever I do now, I do it in love. I would like to ask you a few questions though, well; I would like to know if when you see her your eyes light up like a kid’s in a candy store? Do you find yourself smiling just at the mention of her name? And do you wish you could hold her in your arms and make those precious moments last forever? Is she your half’s other, close to you like no other? I’m not writing to make you feel insecure about your new relationship. I don’t want you to feel that you are being watched closely, I haven’t gone crazy and I am fine; there’s been no mental-breakdown. I just want to remind you that you once s

Uni: Me, Mini-me.

Today is Thursday. I'm dreading the night mainly because of the aftermath- a very messy kitchen, quite smelly corridors and grumpy cleaners. My first semester of Uni, I must say, wasn't at all what I had anticipated. I remember coaching myself mentally, preparing for the hard times to come, having an escape plan in case of a metaphoric fire and a Plan B if that didn’t work. Anyway, as it happened, my plan B wasn't well premeditated, lacking enough detail to guide me through smoky situations. All it had inscribed on it was “RUN”. Thursday nights are Mercy Nights- when students get free entry into an over-hyped nightclub. As that isn’t my cup of tea, I tend to stay indoors, watching a movie or trying to catch up with work- the latter being more frequent. The reason I dread these nights is because my flatmates have a pre-party, a chaotic one, where over 10 people squeeze into our kitchen, blast the music through the roof and scream at the top of their lungs in chants for Ke