Skip to main content

21 things I learnt at 21

In approximately two and a half months, I will be turning 22. Don't mind that my blog profile still says I am 19, it is obvious little has changed on here since then. Having evaluated the last year of my life I thought I should share a few life keys I learnt these past months. In no particular order, here's to being 21!



1) Being 21 doesn't change much. To your mum, you are always a child.

2) God answers prayers, sometimes you'd have to look even closer to see it

3) I have a very different sense of humour.

4) Time flies when you are not having fun too. Think trying to study the night before the exam.

5) Real love is hard love.

6) Clogged arteries aren't pretty.

7) If someone really wants to be with you, they will be with you.

8) Lactose-intolerance is not all in the mind.

9) Les Misérables is a fantastic musical.

10) Build your silos as you are praying for the rain (Prepare for what you are expecting)

11) Planning is only fantastic when you actually act upon it

12) Love comes softly. Eros may try to speed things up.

13) Take a moment to think things through, not a lifetime.

14) A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

15) We are all just winging it.

16) Faith does mean having no clue what comes next but believing whatever it is, it is for the best.

17) Jesus lives this day and He is as present as you want Him to be

18) True leadership is really service

19) Heartbreak hurts in places you never knew existed

20) People can think whatever they want to think. Don't let them break you.

21) Be yourself. You are a breath of fresh air.

___________________________________________________________
What about you? Is there anything you have learnt this year? Feel free to share!

Comments

  1. Feyi, your insights post-21 are quite profound and true. Thanks for sharing them. They reflect the thoughts of a maturing young adult. It's time to get Mum (and Dad) to change that Lesson 1!

    In my 50's, I have learnt to pay much less attention to what people write or say. I just watch what they do.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sir! I believe it could be hardwork getting mum to see me a full-fledged adult, but I will get there eventually!
      Thank you for sharing your insights as well. I have learnt from you not to let people's words and even actions phase me, I will be the one to face God for myself not them. Also, thank you for your encouragement on this blog. I appreciate it. God bless you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Yours Sincerely, Me

For reasons unknown to me, I was deeply inspired to write this note on my way to school this morning. I hope this note is relevant to someone. Stay blessed . I dread to start this letter with “Dear” because I fear that she might read it and become suspicious and spiteful of what is now non-existent. And no, I wouldn’t want that, for I am a changed person and whatever I do now, I do it in love. I would like to ask you a few questions though, well; I would like to know if when you see her your eyes light up like a kid’s in a candy store? Do you find yourself smiling just at the mention of her name? And do you wish you could hold her in your arms and make those precious moments last forever? Is she your half’s other, close to you like no other? I’m not writing to make you feel insecure about your new relationship. I don’t want you to feel that you are being watched closely, I haven’t gone crazy and I am fine; there’s been no mental-breakdown. I just want to remind you that you once s...

Uni: Me, Mini-me.

Today is Thursday. I'm dreading the night mainly because of the aftermath- a very messy kitchen, quite smelly corridors and grumpy cleaners. My first semester of Uni, I must say, wasn't at all what I had anticipated. I remember coaching myself mentally, preparing for the hard times to come, having an escape plan in case of a metaphoric fire and a Plan B if that didn’t work. Anyway, as it happened, my plan B wasn't well premeditated, lacking enough detail to guide me through smoky situations. All it had inscribed on it was “RUN”. Thursday nights are Mercy Nights- when students get free entry into an over-hyped nightclub. As that isn’t my cup of tea, I tend to stay indoors, watching a movie or trying to catch up with work- the latter being more frequent. The reason I dread these nights is because my flatmates have a pre-party, a chaotic one, where over 10 people squeeze into our kitchen, blast the music through the roof and scream at the top of their lungs in chants for ...

Back on the tracks

Ah, the lovely sound from the tapping of my keys. It's been too long since I blogged. There are too many things that have happened in my life since I last published a post on here, these things I don't classify blog-worthy or are extremely personal, so I will skip a lot of the details and say what is on my mind right now. Since I was a little girl, I haven't always been fascinated by trains. This is to say that because they were not usual in my life, I didn't concern myself with them. I say this to point out that my story is not something that emerges from the deep-seated passions of locomotives instead, it is just about a recent observation that I have made. In fact, trains were almost a myth where I grew up and I still remember the excitement I felt when we were going to an excursion to see one in secondary school. But back to my point. I am writing about losing track. In life, we are all on a journey to a certain destination. I know God creates us for a purpos...