Skip to main content

Path of Sorrow


Along this path of sorrow
Along this winding road
I find myself traveling
Where sorrow is unknown

And chaos calls to chaos
Below the waterfalls
All Your waves crash o’er me
I’m crushed beneath it all

But I know, I know
You remain the same
Even in, even in
My wandering

Sometimes I often wonder
If You have let me down
Why does it seem I walk alone
Where trouble finds me out

But sorrow as my company
I fix my eyes on You
Soon again I’ll praise Your name
And feel my soul renewed

As I know, I know
You remain the same
Even in, even in
My wandering

Oh I know, I know
You remain the same
Even in, even in
My wandering

A traveler never reaches
That sacred place alone
A light to always guide you
Along the narrow road

So steadily I keep my stride
Through every briar and thorn
Although my flesh will falter
My hope is in the Lord

Because I know, I know
You remain the same
Even in, even in
My wandering

Oh I know, I know
You remain the same
Even in, even in
My wandering

Oh I know, I know
You remain the same
Even in, even in
My wandering

Because I know, I know
You remain the same
Even in, even in
My wandering



I heard this song by the band "All Sons and Daughters" on Tuesday. I find it an honest account of how the Christian heart finds itself sometimes wading through the murky waters of despondence. Even better, it speaks of the presence of a steady undercurrent that carries the heart through, into the abundant river of life.

So to the Christian whose heart is down, whose spirits are low and feeling dejected. To you who is fighting hard against the quicksand of doubt and despair- God remains the same, yes, even in your wandering.

He is that current that is carrying you and I through.

Watch the music video here. They are fast becoming my favourite band! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yours Sincerely, Me

For reasons unknown to me, I was deeply inspired to write this note on my way to school this morning. I hope this note is relevant to someone. Stay blessed . I dread to start this letter with “Dear” because I fear that she might read it and become suspicious and spiteful of what is now non-existent. And no, I wouldn’t want that, for I am a changed person and whatever I do now, I do it in love. I would like to ask you a few questions though, well; I would like to know if when you see her your eyes light up like a kid’s in a candy store? Do you find yourself smiling just at the mention of her name? And do you wish you could hold her in your arms and make those precious moments last forever? Is she your half’s other, close to you like no other? I’m not writing to make you feel insecure about your new relationship. I don’t want you to feel that you are being watched closely, I haven’t gone crazy and I am fine; there’s been no mental-breakdown. I just want to remind you that you once s...

Back on the tracks

Ah, the lovely sound from the tapping of my keys. It's been too long since I blogged. There are too many things that have happened in my life since I last published a post on here, these things I don't classify blog-worthy or are extremely personal, so I will skip a lot of the details and say what is on my mind right now. Since I was a little girl, I haven't always been fascinated by trains. This is to say that because they were not usual in my life, I didn't concern myself with them. I say this to point out that my story is not something that emerges from the deep-seated passions of locomotives instead, it is just about a recent observation that I have made. In fact, trains were almost a myth where I grew up and I still remember the excitement I felt when we were going to an excursion to see one in secondary school. But back to my point. I am writing about losing track. In life, we are all on a journey to a certain destination. I know God creates us for a purpos...

Uni: Me, Mini-me.

Today is Thursday. I'm dreading the night mainly because of the aftermath- a very messy kitchen, quite smelly corridors and grumpy cleaners. My first semester of Uni, I must say, wasn't at all what I had anticipated. I remember coaching myself mentally, preparing for the hard times to come, having an escape plan in case of a metaphoric fire and a Plan B if that didn’t work. Anyway, as it happened, my plan B wasn't well premeditated, lacking enough detail to guide me through smoky situations. All it had inscribed on it was “RUN”. Thursday nights are Mercy Nights- when students get free entry into an over-hyped nightclub. As that isn’t my cup of tea, I tend to stay indoors, watching a movie or trying to catch up with work- the latter being more frequent. The reason I dread these nights is because my flatmates have a pre-party, a chaotic one, where over 10 people squeeze into our kitchen, blast the music through the roof and scream at the top of their lungs in chants for ...