"I, even I, am the One who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake, and I will not remember your sins" - God (Isaiah 43:25) This verse stirred up so many emotions in my heart as I read it. Firstly, I was sorry for what I had done that caused me to sin against God. Secondly, I was aware of my tendency to transgress and that this is not the first time I have felt sorry for it. Thirdly, I was grateful for God's mercy in wiping out my wrongs against Him. Fourthly, I was even more grateful that the reason He has wiped them out is because of Himself. Not me, Him. Maybe a part of me wants to feel special, maybe I want God to look at my sorry heart and have my sins wiped out because I am sorry. Maybe that is what you want too. Maybe we like to feel that we can earn forgiveness just by being sorry. Maybe it is our pride. Actually, that IS our pride. This sense of pride demands a right to forgiveness because my heart is contrite, because I have felt the...
Comments
Post a Comment