Skip to main content

Steps and Drifters


Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit ~ Paul (Galatians 5:22-23)

The Christian's calling is a simple one- to come (Matthew 11:28), to follow (Luke 9:23), to keep in step (Galatians 5:23) with the Holy Spirit.

Simple, not easy (Matthew 19:23-24) but with God, it is possible (Matthew 19:26). That is why we have been called to keep in step with the Spirit, to watch Him show us the way and lead us to the Kingdom of God.

If we are honest, we would acknowledge that we drift. I had been drifting and was doing so for months, until God chastised me, and showed me the danger of drifting, twice.

So when God opens your eyes to the state of your spiritual walk, if you had been drifting like I was, thank Him for opening your eyes to see where you are. Not everyone gets another chance.

Hebrews 6:19 reminds us of the anchor for our soul. Hold on tightly. Keep your eyes fixed on Him. Walk in step with the Spirit daily.

And pray like the Psalmist: But my eyes are fixed on you, Sovereign Lord; in you I take refuge—do not give me over to death (Psalm 141:8)

This is a new song I heard on Sunday that reminds me of taking steps with the Spirit, because not actively doing so leads you away from Him.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yours Sincerely, Me

For reasons unknown to me, I was deeply inspired to write this note on my way to school this morning. I hope this note is relevant to someone. Stay blessed . I dread to start this letter with “Dear” because I fear that she might read it and become suspicious and spiteful of what is now non-existent. And no, I wouldn’t want that, for I am a changed person and whatever I do now, I do it in love. I would like to ask you a few questions though, well; I would like to know if when you see her your eyes light up like a kid’s in a candy store? Do you find yourself smiling just at the mention of her name? And do you wish you could hold her in your arms and make those precious moments last forever? Is she your half’s other, close to you like no other? I’m not writing to make you feel insecure about your new relationship. I don’t want you to feel that you are being watched closely, I haven’t gone crazy and I am fine; there’s been no mental-breakdown. I just want to remind you that you once s...

Back on the tracks

Ah, the lovely sound from the tapping of my keys. It's been too long since I blogged. There are too many things that have happened in my life since I last published a post on here, these things I don't classify blog-worthy or are extremely personal, so I will skip a lot of the details and say what is on my mind right now. Since I was a little girl, I haven't always been fascinated by trains. This is to say that because they were not usual in my life, I didn't concern myself with them. I say this to point out that my story is not something that emerges from the deep-seated passions of locomotives instead, it is just about a recent observation that I have made. In fact, trains were almost a myth where I grew up and I still remember the excitement I felt when we were going to an excursion to see one in secondary school. But back to my point. I am writing about losing track. In life, we are all on a journey to a certain destination. I know God creates us for a purpos...

Uni: Me, Mini-me.

Today is Thursday. I'm dreading the night mainly because of the aftermath- a very messy kitchen, quite smelly corridors and grumpy cleaners. My first semester of Uni, I must say, wasn't at all what I had anticipated. I remember coaching myself mentally, preparing for the hard times to come, having an escape plan in case of a metaphoric fire and a Plan B if that didn’t work. Anyway, as it happened, my plan B wasn't well premeditated, lacking enough detail to guide me through smoky situations. All it had inscribed on it was “RUN”. Thursday nights are Mercy Nights- when students get free entry into an over-hyped nightclub. As that isn’t my cup of tea, I tend to stay indoors, watching a movie or trying to catch up with work- the latter being more frequent. The reason I dread these nights is because my flatmates have a pre-party, a chaotic one, where over 10 people squeeze into our kitchen, blast the music through the roof and scream at the top of their lungs in chants for ...